Spherical roller thrust bearings 29230 E SKF
SKF spherical roller thrust bearings have specially designed raceways and asymmetrical rollers.
The bearings can accommodate axial loads acting in one direction and simultaneously acting radial loads.
The load is transmitted between the raceways via the rollers at an angle to the bearing axis, while the flange guides the rollers.
Basic design bearings.
Depending on their series and size, SKF spherical roller thrust bearings are manufactured to two basic designs. Their cage forms a non-separable unit with the shaft washer and rollers.
Bearings with no designation suffix
- example: 29272
- are fitted with a machined brass prong-type cage as standard
E design bearings
- are identified by the designation suffix E
- have larger rollers and an optimized internal design for increased load carrying capacity
- are fitted with one of the following cages, depending on bearing size:
- size ≤ 68 → stamped steel window-type cage (fig. 2)
- size ≥ 72 → machined metal prong-type cage (fig. 1)
Cages in SKF spherical roller thrust bearings are an integral part of the bearing internal design. All SKF spherical roller thrust bearings contain a strong metal cage. This enables them to tolerate high temperatures and operate with all lubricants.