SKF thrust ball bearings are manufactured as single direction or double direction thrust ball bearings.
They are designed to accommodate axial loads only and must not be subjected to any radial load.
Single direction thrust ball bearings
- consist of a shaft washer, a housing washer and a ball and cage assembly.
- can accommodate axial loads and locate a shaft axially, in one direction only.
Double direction thrust ball bearings
- consist of one shaft washer, two housing washers and two ball and cage assemblies.
- The housing washers and ball and cage assemblies of double direction bearings are identical to those used in single direction bearings.
can accommodate axial loads and locate a shaft axially, in both directions.
Bearings with sphered housing washers
- can accommodate initial misalignment
- are available in both single and double direction designs.
can be used together with a sphered seat washer adjacent to the housing washer or adjacent to a machine component manufactured with a sphered surface.